Recipe: Super-Vitamin Salad
You can't beat real, clean, wholefoods when it comes to making sure you are getting all the vitamins and minerals your body needs! Even if you take an organic, wholefood based multi-vitamin supplement, which is the next best thing, the joy of seeing all those healthy colours on your plate is a treat for the mind AND the body!
Want to learn more about the pro's and cons of multi-vitamin supplements? CLICK HERE TO READ MY BLOG POST.
Enjoy this tasty, colourful, vitamin-rich super salad for lunch today! [if !supportLineBreakNewLine] [endif]
2 handfuls of greens (e.g. kale, spinach, arugula, etc.)
½ cucumber, chopped
1 avocado, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
1 carrot, grated 2 handfuls grape tomatoes 2 handfuls fresh berries 2 broiled salmon fillets (optional)
¼ cup hemp seeds
3 tbsp cider vinegar
2 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp honey or maple syrup
1 dash salt 2 dashes black pepper 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1. Put one handful of greens in each bowl.
2. Put as many of the fruits and vegetables as you enjoy in each bowl.
3. Whisk together the vinegar, mustard, honey/maple syrup, salt, and pepper to make the dressing. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while whisking to make sure it is mixed properly.
4. Pour over salad before serving.
5. Top with salmon and hemp seeds for a healthy lean protein source.
6. Serve & enjoy!
Tip: You can replace the salmon with grilled shrimp or lean chicken or chickpeas/mixed beans for a vegetarian source!